Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our life in Wisconsin thus far!

Well, its almost been 3 month since we moved from sunny AZ to snowy and rainy WI.  No, I'm not complaining about the weather.  In fact, I love it!  Although I must say I am sick of hearing the question, "Are you sick of the weather yet?!"  NO, I'M NOT SICK OF IT!!!!  People here think I'm crazy for liking the weather!  The only way I can explain it is, the way most people feel about winter in WI is the way I feel about summer in AZ.  If you think about it, its kinda the same thing, only extremely opposite.  People hate winter because you can't go outside and do anything because its to cold, BUT I hate summer because you can't go outside and do anything because its to hot.  See what I mean!  I guess it all comes down to personal preference but I will always choose to be cold over being hot.  Plus, you get seasons here!  Now I know people complain about spring in WI, but at least they get spring!  I never really knew what spring was like until now.  So much color, so many beautiful flowers...yes its still a little cold and rainy but at least you aren't stuck inside any more.  And at least its a gradual change.  I feel like in AZ spring is going from a BIT chilly outside to the first 95 degree day....NO THANK YOU!

Here are some pictures from when we moved here!!!

The snow is SO pretty!


Our favorite thing to do is walk Ellie Mae!  We walk her by the lake and in all kinds of dog parks!  She loves it!




I love to walk by the lake.  We always stop by Alterra (a coffee house) on our way home and get a treatsies.  Its my favorite!
Kevin sitting, waiting for his drink on a "warm" spring day





Life for the Kundingers has been a lot different in WI then it was in AZ.  That is good and bad.  For me (the MRS.) life is very different here.  I went from a place where I grew up with lots of people I love to a place that I had only visited a few times and can count on one hand the people I "know".  People say, "but isn't it exciting to get to start over?!"....I say, no not really.  I like who I am.  I don't want to start over!  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that I'm perfect and there is no room for improvement, I'm not saying that AT ALL!  I'm just saying that I try very hard to be true to who I am and there for "starting over" isn't that exciting.  In fact its kinda scary.

One thing is for sure about us living in WI, God is certainly moving.  And it hasn't always been fun or uplifting.  One of my favorite sayings has always been, "If God can bring you to it, he can bring you through it".  Well he has certainly been making me eat and swallow those words these past three months.  Its hard, at least for me, being away from everything I know, everyone I love.  Most days my life consists of the four walls we call our house.  That has been tough for me.  I'm use to a social life, being surrounded by people and working a lot.  In our preparation and prayer time before we moved,  Kevin and I both felt that God was telling us that I should stay at home and work on building my photography business.  MAN HAS THAT BEEN HARD!  There are days of doubt, days of anger, and then every once in awhile I get that one day that makes it worth it.  Although I hate not seeing and interacting with people everyday this has given me the opportunity to get to know me.  Its amazing how much you have to rely and trust on/in the person you are and more importantly the person you are in GOD when you are all alone.  One of my favorite things about these last few months and the rough patches we have had  is that Kevin and I have never been so close.  I truly believe that part of this whole journey God is leading us through is bringing Kevin and I so close to one another so that we can be prepared for our future together.  Whether that is more trials, business travel, or kids.  We have learned to rely on one another, rely on God together, and speak our minds to one another with out fear, doubt, or question.  We are doing good here.  Every day has its challenges in one way or another but I feel like I'm learning more here right now then I have learned in a long time.  Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends but I do for sure know, and hold onto with a death grip, that God is one, going to bring us all back together soon and two, is changing me into the person I need to be in order to glorify and trust in him completely.  Oh man, does trusting in him mean SO MUCH MORE when you feel like you have nothing and are going nowhere.  MY trust is in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment